Don't Skip a Beat

>> Monday, March 9, 2009

Our show last Friday night was an amazing show, we played several new songs and it was great to see people I knew out there and getting new people at the bar to stop dead in their tracks and pay attention to us. It was also our last show with bassist Amanda Flores, she was with Ledaswan for at least 4 years. It was a good farewell show for her. And although it seems she's leaving at a time that the band is getting ready to take some important steps. It's always for the better of the band and individual members in the band as it seems we all now are on the same page of working towards a common goal, and not waiting for someone to jump on board. It also means new opportunities for our music. We are getting ready to play a few important showcases at one of the world's biggest and most important music conferences....SXSW and we are definitley looking forward to playing to an industry saturated type of crowd. At the same time it's a bit scary but it's never felt so natural. I feel at this point we are ready to take things to the next level. I'm so happy that our friend Jackee of San Antonio based all girl punk band Heather Go Psycho is helping to fill in on bass for these shows. She's a fast learner and she has an amazing voice. I'm happy to be playing with her. She bring a humerous and outgoing personality and it's a lot of fun to rehearse again. Something that I guess had been missing. It feels good to not skip a bit at times like this. Just another test.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP