>> Sunday, April 12, 2009
This past weekend we had a last-minute yard sale to help fund our West Coast tour this summer. We made enough to cover our t-shirts and then some. So we are quite happy about that. We will be doing a BBQ fundraiser soon. And perhaps a silent art auction. We'll keep you posted and we would appreciate any help or donations for these fundraising events. i've been busy working booking the tour which is a lot of e-mailing and researching. Findig the right bands for us to play with, and someone who will give us a chance. We are excited to be able to tour the west coast and we are thankful that our friend Phanie of Girl in a Coma referred us to some contacts in the Cali area and we will be playing a couple of dates with them on the way back from California. We don't know a lot about touring but we are going to learn quick. One thing that I noticed is that every decent band in the West Coast has a publicist and a booking agent or at least a publicist. Very different from the bands from S.A. I don't know if that's a good thing or not? In a way I guess it shows that maybe bands in our scene are doing it for the love of the music and don't really care about being the next big thing. But at the same time it's important to have those things in place if you want to make this into a career, which we do. Among other things, we still do everything else ourselves I would say that never gets any easier. I don't think anything as a musician gets easier. It's hard work. I'm wishing we could be on the road sometime soon and much more often....hmm would we be ready, is anyone ever?
0 comments:
Post a Comment